The Alabama Partnership for Children (APC) seeks an independent individual with strong organizational skills to direct the Alabama Family Central (AFC) website. This involves working with child-serving state agencies and others across Alabama to maintain website content, interpret analytic data, create & implement social media strategies, and work to ensure site functionality. AFC is a clearinghouse website designed to help parents and families navigate state agencies, resources, and programs available to support Alabama families, their children, and their allies.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations, or social services related field, plus three years’ experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of systems, organizations and programs that serve young children and families
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with experience in providing effective presentations and/or interactive trainings; proficient personal computer skills including email, record keeping, word processing, database, website maintenance including digital storytelling, website development, content management systems, testing,search engine optimization, usability, and analytics etc.
- Proven human relations skills and the ability to work with diverse populations to communicate effectively across diverse cultures/socio-economic status.
- Experience working with multiple partners and agencies, ability to manage a diverse group of state leaders and providers of services
- Detail oriented and proficient in organization and time management; ability to work with minimum supervision; excellent planning skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation and automobile insurance that is in compliance with the state of Alabama law
- Develop and conduct comprehensive outreach and awareness efforts that promotes access to the website and its related resources.
- Set up mechanisms to continually receive input and feedback from families regarding assistance needed; ease of use; and other ways to make the website more effective.
- Develop links and content that help families support their children’s learning and techniques and skills for optimum parent support for learning at home.
- Develop and disseminate outreach and awareness materials: online, mobile app, and printed; online and printed toolkits and “how to” resources; postage; virtual forums and one-to-one virtual meetings; resources to present materials at conferences, parent meetings, and through multiple events and venues of partner agencies (in person and virtual).
- Support state agency partners and elected officials to continue the functions of the steering committee to advise and guide the program.
- Maintain agency and program website links to ensure accuracy and functionality and provide updates as needed, working with agency partners, platform vendors and IT company
- Provide ongoing research to update resources, add needed information (securing user and partner agreements), addressing priorities.
- Other duties as assigned.
For consideration, please email resume to Tammy Walker at email@example.com by Sept 25. EOE M/V/F/D
View the full job description here.